Parent website

Wednesday 2 February 2011

Get in close.....

"Fill the Frame". This is a term I use a lot when giving tuition. When you are photographing a subject, get in close.....fill the frame.

The images below are examples of this. Its quite easy to take a picture of something in its entirety and that may work (no right or wrongs here). But before you walk away from the subject thinking you have captured all there is to offer try one more time. It doesn't matter is some of the subject is outside the frame, it makes the view ponder the bigger picture.

The Gauge of a fuel filler

Norton motorcycle

Valves on a V12 engine














Concentrate on a particular area of the subject.......maybe some text, a logo, a feature, an eye and make this the focal point.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rich, Nice blog. I got my camera out last night as I was thinking about what you suggested here. Took a couple of photographs of everyday stuff, like a beer bottle (yeah I know) and a baked bean tin but really close and at odd angles. I'm still not very good but it was fun to try this. I'll show you next time I see you.
    Thanks, Andy

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment, they are very welcome