Parent website

Friday 15 April 2011

Benches

Even something like an old bench can make an interesting subject for a photograph. Below are two benches I saw today and thought there was character to be captured.

The first bench I really couldn't decide which way to go with the editing. In the end I concentrated on the Blue and Red graffiti. Shame people have to do this, I'm not sure of the point.

I'm looking forward to trying this shot again on a nice summers evening (and more colour)

This is also an example of getting lower down to take the shot. Standing up really didn't give me a good perspective 

D700 200mm F4.5 1/800


This image I tried to go for the aged, overgrown, lonesome feel. Seemed best to take the shot from higher up and at this angle.

Tweaked in editing with more contrast





D700 200mm F4.5 1/500



OK they are just benches and many will not find it too interesting. However my point is that whilst walking or out and about look for something different. Find a subject with a bit of character and try different things to show this in your photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment, they are very welcome